Vac Pac Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Curd Nerd
    Keymaster

Reposted question from Pearlyshells:

Hello Rachael,

Love your site, thank-you.

I have only been in the cheese business for a few weeks and so far have made – Camembert, Gorgonzola, Double Cream Brie and Caerphilly, the look good but the test will come with the taste….in time

A question if I may, I have just purchased a Vac Pac with the hopes of using it for the cheeses, my question to you is….could I pack the hard cheese with or without the wax coating…what about the soft cheeses?

I await your reply with anticipation

#1796 Reply
    Curd Nerd
    Keymaster

Hi Pearlyshells

Wow!! You’ve been busy with your cheese making. What a great effort after just a few weeks. Keep it up : )

Yes, you can vac pac your hard cheeses without waxing them first, but there will be a difference in how they age, compared to how they might age waxed, bandaged or with a natural rind.

Check out this post where I talk about the benefits, and the possible results of vacuum packing your cheese. It will give you some more information on what you might expect once you open the packet.

Drop back here and let me know if you have any more questions after reading the post and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Vac Pac Question
Your information: