- Why Your Camembert Isn’t Growing White Mold
- Preserving Methods | Vacuum Sealing
- Age Does Matter – Aging Homemade Cheese
- 3 More Cheese Recipes, And A New Feature
- Making Home Cheese Making Cheaper
- QA6 – Why Didn’t My Curd Knit Together?
- Bandaging Cheese – Another Way To Preserve
- Lipase – A Helpful Busy Little Enzyme
- QA5 – Why Doesn’t My Mozzarella Stretch Properly?
- Pressing Your Cheese – Bringing It All Together
Need Ideas On How To Use Up All Your Left Over Whey?
Here are some wheys (ha!) you can a little more out of your milk by using up the whey as well:
- Use in bread making instead of water – gives a great rise
- Use in pizza doughs – or any baking that needs water or milk really
- Feed to chickens
- Feed to dogs
- Feed it to pigs
- Use as a stock or in gravy
- Cook your porridge with it
- Cook pasta or potatoes with it
- Water outdoor plants with it
- Use for storing Feta or Haloumi in
- Make Ricotta
- Blend with bananas, berries etc for a protein drink
- Drink it just as it is – not my favourite taste in the world personally
- Freeze for later use
- Some people swear by it to bathe in for healthy skin – not sure I’m so keen on that idea myself but hey, if you are…..
- Lacto Fermentation – making things such as sauerkraut
Do you use your whey up in any other ways (I left it that time) that you want to share with Curd-Nerd readers? Let us know in the comments below.
Photo credit: Grongar