- Why Your Camembert Isn’t Growing White Mold
- Preserving Methods | Vacuum Sealing
- Age Does Matter – Aging Homemade Cheese
- 3 More Cheese Recipes, And A New Feature
- Making Home Cheese Making Cheaper
- QA6 – Why Didn’t My Curd Knit Together?
- Bandaging Cheese – Another Way To Preserve
- Lipase – A Helpful Busy Little Enzyme
- QA5 – Why Doesn’t My Mozzarella Stretch Properly?
- Pressing Your Cheese – Bringing It All Together
All posts tagged "brining"
QA4 – I Stored My Feta In Brine And Now It’s Too Salty!
Storing your Feta in Brine is the most common way to preserve this cheese, but what do you if your Feta ends up too salty to enjoy? Everyone enjoys different levels of salt and Feta is a...
- Posted August 10, 2011
Using Brine In Cheese Making
I have to apologise to Curd-Nerd readers. I usually post on a Wednesday but last night (and I hope you understand) I instead spent the evening with my best friend who is moving 8 hours away, after...
- Posted August 4, 2011
QA2 – Why Does My Feta Melt When I Store It In Brine?
You’ve made a lovely batch of Feta. It’s been salted and aged and now you want to store it for use later on. You’ve followed the instructions and put it in a salty brine. A few days...
- Posted June 1, 2011