- Why Your Camembert Isn’t Growing White Mold
- Preserving Methods | Vacuum Sealing
- Age Does Matter – Aging Homemade Cheese
- 3 More Cheese Recipes, And A New Feature
- Making Home Cheese Making Cheaper
- QA6 – Why Didn’t My Curd Knit Together?
- Bandaging Cheese – Another Way To Preserve
- Lipase – A Helpful Busy Little Enzyme
- QA5 – Why Doesn’t My Mozzarella Stretch Properly?
- Pressing Your Cheese – Bringing It All Together
All posts tagged "Problems"
QA6 – Why Didn’t My Curd Knit Together?
If you’ve ever pressed a cheese and ended up with curd that has failed to knit together, you’ll know how disappointing this dilemma is. I certainly do! The point of pressing your cheese is to not only...
- Posted January 29, 2012
QA2 – Why Does My Feta Melt When I Store It In Brine?
You’ve made a lovely batch of Feta. It’s been salted and aged and now you want to store it for use later on. You’ve followed the instructions and put it in a salty brine. A few days...
- Posted June 1, 2011
Cheese Mold | The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Mold or mould? I don’t mind which way we all spell it but I do know that I’ve seen a lot more of it since I’ve been making cheese. In the wonderful world of mixing together milk,...
- Posted May 25, 2011
Future Posts With Quick Answers
photo © 2009 walknboston If you are a fellow cheese maker, no doubt you’ve been in the same situation as I have. You’re in the middle of a make and something doesn’t go quite as you expected...
- Posted April 26, 2011