Basic molds and followers

Home The Curd Nerd Forum For Home Cheese Makers Equipment Basic molds and followers

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom Moran.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pete Gorsline

Hello –
    I’m just about to purchase a few more pieces of equipment to take a next step in my cheese making – basic mold/followers being some of the stuff.

I have a 16 qt stock pot and was thinking I could (eventually) be making (2) pound and a half to two pound wheels. I’d build one press if I could stack molds – or make 2 if it needs to go that way.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for molds/followers to start out with. (obviously I’m in US…) I’ve seen several of Mr. Gavin’s videos – it seems he uses a 6 to 7 inch mold – seems like a decent size….

I appreciate your help and advice.

#5535 Reply
    Tom Moran

Pete, this is not cheap advice but I have found the kadova molds to give the best rind finish and they can be stacked. I would like to find something as good and much cheaper but I find the low end stuff that are perforated bowls with a follower and then all the way up to kadova. If you find a good alternative please pass it on

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Basic molds and followers
Your information: