Camembert Deliciousness!

Home The Curd Nerd Forum For Home Cheese Makers Soft Cheeses Camembert Deliciousness!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lesley
    Participant

Just ate our first raw milk Camembert last night – put into maturing box on 16/6 and by 5/7 it was runny with an amazing flavour not quite all the way into the middle. Totally different to store bought Camembert. I wrapped three of the four we made and put them in the fridge at 6degC to slow down the ripening. Blown away by our success and raring to further expand our cheesemaking.

#1868 Reply
    Curd Nerd
    Keymaster

Hi Lesley

Great to hear of your Camembert success!

It sounds like your patience paid off with some delicious cheese.

Keep up the great work!

#1889 Reply
    stellamacaroni
    Participant

i just made a couple of triple cremes from a camembert recipe and i have a beautiful bloom developing but they are very firm. They are about 10 days old now. Will they soften as they age? i have them aging at 53 degrees and have as much humidity as i can muster.
    thank you!
    Sarah

#1890 Reply
    Curd Nerd
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah

They should definitely soften with age. These kinds of cheeses ripen from the edge in towards the middle so you;ll notice the softening in the middle, last.

Take a look at this post about Camembert maturation and it might give you a few extra tips for keeping an eye on your aging process.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Camembert Deliciousness!
Your information: