Hard Camembert

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PP
    Participant

Hi All

Very new at this have made a camembert a few weeks ago and mould grew great, nice and white then I wrapped and put into fridge and it feels really hard, doesn’t feel normal. I removed from normal fridge and put into my bar fridge set up at 12 degrees but still feels the same, is this normal or has something happened…? thanks

pp

#3923 Reply
    Punkin
    Participant

PP, give it some time. It may have a little too much rennet but that will not ruin the cheese if all the other factors are close to correct.

#3924 Reply
    PP
    Participant

Thanks T-Cheese I guess i am being a little inpatient, it has a few more weeks to go before trying..thanks again
    pp

#8185 Reply
    Tina K

I have a similar problem with my camembert. I’m a beginner cheese maker and learning lots from all my failures! My Camembert grew gorgeous fuzzy white mould within 3-4 days so I was feeling positive, but then it never got soft. I opened the first wheel at 6 weeks and assumed that it hadn’t had enough time so I tried the next 2 weeks later..still hard. The last wheel aged for 10 weeks and started to dry out on the outside so tonight it’s getting baked! The flavour is delicious and tastes as expected but the texture is nowhere close. Any suggestions on where I went wrong?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Hard Camembert
Your information: