Learning the Process of Heating

Home The Curd Nerd Forum For Home Cheese Makers Making Cheese Learning the Process of Heating

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Colin S.
    Participant

Hello all, I tried my first batch of soft cheese and it didn’t work out and looking for feedback.

I added 1/4tsp into non-chlorinated water and added to 3.25% milk into 1L of milk and let it sit for an hour in the fridge.

Heat it up to 90F and added same amount of rennet into unchlorinated water and then added mesopholic culture. I stired these in as per instructions.

I stired the milk for an hour with the pot on the stove but heated turned off. It stayed like baby pablum and I didn’t get a curd.

Any tips for what I should do, do I need to stir more and keep on heat longer? I didn’t have a receipe for a certain type of cheese perse, just looking to complete a process and get something decent of it.

Many thanks.

#3859 Reply
    Punkin
    Participant

Colin,

Not sure if I understand completely but I believe there should have been a period of time when you didn’t stir and let the curd set. From your description you may have omitted that part. Best advice I can give is to find a recipe you like and follow it precisely. From there it is much easier to have some success in making your own cheese. Good luck and keep experimenting.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Learning the Process of Heating
Your information: