Making Feta with plant based milk

Home The Curd Nerd Forum For Home Cheese Makers Fresh Cheeses Making Feta with plant based milk

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dorena

Hello everyone!

I became interested in cheese-making as soon as I became a vegan because I miss (good) cheese. I already tried some basic fresh cheeses with store bought soy milk and it worked pretty well. Now I want to improve my “feta cheese”. I am experimenting with traditional cheese making techniques. Do any of you know if adding Calcium Chloride to soy milk could improve the yield or consistency of the “soy feta cheese”? Does anyone have experience with making feta cheese from any plant based milks?

Happy curdling
    Cheers

#8227 Reply
    Dance of Stoves

Hi
    I think you are looking for some great cheese recipes. in fact, I have made a complete step by step tutorial on i. If you want you can read it here – Healthy Vegan Feta Cheese (Fat & Cholesterol Free)

#8230 Reply
    Dorena

Hi,
    Thanks a lot for the link to your tutorial. I’ve already tried something like this before, but for my taste, it’s not creamy and “feta like” enough. We’ve now started producing our own cheese 😀 it’s also made from soy, but it’s creamier and more like a Ricotta. Next we want to make a harder cheese (Feta, Gruyere or something like that)…
    more info on our site: http://www.yeticheese.com if you are interested 😉

But if you ever discover another feta recipe, let me know 🙂

Cheers and have a nice weekend
    Dorena

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Making Feta with plant based milk
Your information: