Space Coast of Florida

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pompey
    Participant

Hello All!
    New to cheese making. Wife wanted to make mozzarella, and now we’re hooked. When I say new to cheese making, I mean like last night was our first go at it with mozzarella. But last night was a success following a simple 30 min recipe, we made and enjoyed some mozzarella with tomato and fresh basil. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to double the recipe and bag some mozzarella balls with olive oil and some herbs and give them to friends.
    We doubled the exact recipe and followed the same temp guidelines 90° and 105° and this time around we have, at best, Ricotta. Curd never firmed up, stayed in that form the whole time.

Not sure the cause, but on the bright side, I guess I can make lasagna this weekend!

Any advice or tips greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

#4188 Reply
    Punkin
    Participant

Pompey, welcome to the cheese world and the highs and lows that go with it. I have made hundreds of batches of cheese and find mozzarella to be one of the most challenging and unpredictable. Of course, also one of the most satisfying when one gets it right. Good luck, welcome, and don’t loose the desire to make great cheese.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Space Coast of Florida
Your information: