bottomless mold

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #3885 Reply

    I see molds with no bottoms. What are you pressing on ( plate, pot, etc.). What cheeses are they used for.

    #3886 Reply

    Bob, plenty of moulds have no bottoms. They are commonly known as hoops. They are pressed against the bottom of your press, maybe a stack of other hoops, or a host of other applications. Many times these are uses in conjunction with cheese cloth or something similar to hold the cheese wheel together. I have used them with success but after using Kadova moulds I almost never use open moulds unless I am making Camembert or something similar.

    #4306 Reply

    I have used a bottomless hoop that I made myself out of food grade PVC pipe and it works great.

    I have a couple Kadova moulds as well and they really are the best but they are quite expensive.

    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Eric.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: bottomless mold
Your information: