Curd-Nerd Owner and Author – Rachael

Home The Curd Nerd Forum For Home Cheese Makers Introduce yourself! Curd-Nerd Owner and Author – Rachael

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Curd Nerd
    Keymaster

Hi, welcome!

I’m Rachael, the owner and author behind Curd-Nerd, and this forum.

I’ve been making cheese for a number of years now and still love the thrills of making a good cheese, and the challenges that can still arise even once you think you know what you’re doing

My favourite cheese to make is Camembert, mostly because I love the process of nurturing that lovely, white, fluffy mold. But also because it’s a cheese most of our friends and family enjoy and we love giving it away to those who still can’t believe we made ‘such a delicious cheese’ at home.

My husband, two children, two dogs, cat and 4 chickens live on 1/4 acre block planted predominantly with edibles and our mission is to grow as much of our own produce as possible. We compost, farm worms, make fertilisers out of seaweed and fish, repurpose and generally just enjoy our little slice of paradise and time as a little family.

#1792 Reply
    Pearlyshells
    Participant

Hello Rachael,

Love your site, thank-you.

I have only been in the cheese business for a few weeks and so far have made – Camembert, Gorgonzola, Double Cream Brie and Caerphilly, the look good but the test will come with the taste….in time 🙂

A question if I may, I have just purchased a Vac Pac with the hopes of using it for the cheeses, my question to you is….could I pack the hard cheese with or without the wax coating…what about the soft cheeses?

I await your reply with anticipation

#1793 Reply
    Curd Nerd
    Keymaster

Hi Pearlyshells

Thanks for your reply.

If you don’t mind, I’ll copy and paste your question into the aging board, and then answer it there.

Hope to see you here regularly. The boards are just getting started but we’d love you to stick around : )

#1828 Reply
    ranzi007
    Participant

Thanks for the Forum Rachael. I posted here because the General Question forum is “closed”. How can I change my Avatar from the crazy yeast beast? LOL

Thanks
    Rob

#1845 Reply
    Curd Nerd
    Keymaster

Hi Rob

Thanks for letting me know about the General Question area being closed. This should now be open to use.

To change your avatar, pop on over to a site called Gravatar. This site lets you associate a picture with your online accounts so that you can appear as yourself (or anyone else you like), and not the crazy yeast beast.

#1851 Reply
    ranzi007
    Participant

Worked like a charm!
    Thanks!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Curd-Nerd Owner and Author – Rachael
Your information: